3T GROUP – WARRANTY POLICY
The present document regulates all the aspects related to warranty, servicing, liability and crash replacements of all “3T” products, meaning every product branded “3T” (3T is a brand registered by 3T Cycling Srl) sold directly to consumers by 3T Cycling Srl or any of its affiliates (hereinafter: “3T Group” or “3T”) or sold to consumers by 3T authorized dealers or sold by 3T to OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and fitted on new bikes.
Preamble and definitions
PRODUCT SERVICE LIFE: All bicycle products have a finite useful service life. This is determined by a combination of many factors including: typical load, correct installation, materials and technologies, product design, rider weight and power, care and maintenance, type of usage, impact damage. These factors all affect wear. Additionally, products are subject to a less-known form of wear known as ‘material fatigue’. This is the progressive separation of the molecular structure, a ‘micro-fracture’ that eventually grows large enough to cause failure. To minimise your riding risk, 3T recommends you check your bicycle regularly for signs of wear. Have a qualified mechanic regularly inspect all parts of the bicycle for corrosion, wear, cracks, deformation, surface damage, and any sign of fatigue. Spotting early signs of fatigue requires visual enhancers like penetrating fluids. Any component that is worn out, has lost its structural integrity, or shows any sign of fatigue or damage must be replaced immediately, to reduce the possibility of an accident that could cause serious injury.
WEIGHT LIMIT: A heavier rider and/or an aggressive riding style increase the stress on the products, reducing service life. 3T products are suitable for riders below 110 kg/240 lb.
INTENDED USE: Products are designed solely for the use specifically indicated in their description and packaging. Any other use may be dangerous and should be avoided.
Two/five*** year limited warranty
3T offers to the original owner a 2 years*** warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
For the Exploro frame and Discus/Orbis II wheels the warranty is extended to 5 years*** (2 years standard + 3 years extension) if these products are registered on the 3T website within 30 days from purchase.
When a product is verified by 3T to be defective within the terms of this warranty, it will be replaced or repaired, at the sole discretion of 3T, free of charge. In case of replacement, if the same original product is not available, it will be replaced with an equivalent product of similar value.
This warranty does not cover:
- products used beyond the scope of their intended design, products without a legitimate dated proof of purchase;
- products not purchased through a legitimate 3T dealer;
- products whose serial number and authenticity markings have been made unreadable;
- normal aging, wear and fatigue;
- damage caused by shipping, abuse, misuse, wrong assembly, improper maintenance, impacts, corrosion, accidents, aggressive/corrosive agents, use with non-compatible components, improper repairs, and any other cause which does not constitute a material or manufacturing defect;
- products that have reached the end of their useful service life;
- refinished/refurbished products;
- products used commercially;
- labour costs;
- damage caused by wrong brake pads;
- only in the case of customized products purchased directly from 3T Cycling SRL online store, cosmetic imperfections related to the handcrafted finishing process of the product made to order based on the customer request.
Please note that the product specifications 3Tprovides are nominal and may be changed at any time.
***1 year for paint, decals and coating.
Limitation of liability
3T shall not be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, to the extent allowed by local laws.
This warranty is valid only for the original owner and is not transferable. This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, which is the sole remedy of the warranty.
In addition to the rights granted by this policy, you may have other legal rights granted by consumer laws of the country where the product was sold. If this warranty is inconsistent with any mandatory local law, it shall be deemed modified in accordance with such local law.
This one is the only conventional warranty offered for the product you purchased. Any additional clause, extension or implied warranty is specifically excluded.
When a product is repaired or replaced free of charge under warranty, the repaired or replaced product remains covered under the residual part of the original warranty. There is no renewal or extension of the warranty period, and the original product that was replaced becomes the property of 3T. Also 3T reserves the right to confiscate any counterfeit or unsafe product sent in for warranty inspection.
Any disputes arising out of this Agreement or regarding the use of this product will be governed by the laws of the country of the 3T legal entity who sold the product to the consumer, distributor, dealer or Original Equipment Manufacturer.
The warranty claim shall be made through the legitimate 3T dealer that sold the product or through the dealer that sold the complete bicycle that came originally equipped with the 3T product. 3T or its Service Centers will not accept any warranty claim from end users (except the ones who purchased the 3T products in the 3T Online Store) or from dealers that were not the original sellers of the product.
All products must be shipped in for inspection properly cleaned (otherwise a charge may be applied). Unless otherwise requested in writing by the Service Center, wheels must be returned without quick releases, tires and sprockets; wheels for tubular tires must be returned with no residual glue on the tire bead as truing requires a smooth surface (otherwise a charge may be applied). Carbon wheels must be always accompanied by the brake pads used.
End users are requested to make sure that the dealer forwarding their claim will provide:
- end user’s name, address, phone numbers and e-mail (as provided when the product was registered in our website, if registered);
- the original invoice, for proof of date and place of purchase (products claimed without proof of purchase will be returned collect to the dealer without inspection);
- a detailed description of the problem encountered;
- a list of the products used in conjunction with the claimed product;
- instructions about what to do with the product if found not-warrantable (otherwise destroyed).
3T offers a “crash replacement” program to original owners who register their products on 3T website within 30 days from purchase. The terms and conditions may vary, please contact 3T if your product was damaged in a crash.